Bird Friendly Nibbles Recipe
Raisin & Honey (Optional) Cookie Recipe for your Feathered Friends.
By KIT YOUNG
Bird Friendly Nibbles Recipe with ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS.
Safe and Simple baked treat that your pet birds will LOVE.
150g Plain flour
1 1/2 tsp Honey (Optional – Can be replaced with 1 tsp brown sugar)
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Sift 150g of flour into a large mixing bowl
3. Next carefully add 75g water, using your hands to fold the water into the flour until you’re left with a ball of dough.
4. at this stage you can add your 50g of Raisins *although this can be replaced with a bird safe fruit or nut of your choice* using your hands to fold the Raisins into the dough until dispersed evenly.
5. It is now time to add 1 1/2 tsp of Honey if you have not opted to use sugar, this will make this dough extremely stick so do not be alarmed.
6. The dough is ready to be rolled out on a clean surface, coating the surface in a light dusting of plain flour will reduce the stickiness of the dough making it easier to roll with a rolling pin.
7.Once dough is rolled flat, it is now time to divide the dough into nibble sized pieces- this can be done using your hands or with a cookie cutter, I opted to use an icing cutter as I find they readily come in more appropriate ‘bite-sized’ shapes than the larger cookie cutters.
9. Once the oven is hot and ready to go, pop in your baking tray, leaving the nibbles to cook for around 15 minutes or lightly brown.
10. Remove the nibbles from the oven and leave to cool before serving to your birds. Ensure the nibbles are cooked the entire way through and crunchy as uncooked dough or ‘doughy’ cookies can be a trouble for your birds digestion.
– Keeping the nibbles stored in an sealed container in a cool, dry place will keep the cookies edible for up to 7 days. –